The total readership of newspapers in India now stands at 407 million in 2017 compared to 295 million in 2014, which isa massive 39% rise in three years according to the latest round of the Indian Readership Survey (IRS)., a massive 39% rise in three years.
The Increased readership numbers for newspapers and magazines will pave the way for publishers to increase their revenues, which would in turn help increase the size of print as an advertising medium.
Some key insights about newspaper advertising in India include:-
- Print advertising reaches over 32% of India’s total population.This makes it one of the most popular choices (along with television) for advertising Busting another myth that the youth does not read newspapers, the IRS 2017 data suggest that 42% of the population in the 12-15 years age group, and 50% between 16-19 years have read hard copy of at least one daily newspaper in past one month. Forty two per cent of the population in the age group of 20-29 years reads newspapers daily.
- Newspaper advertising is the cheapest if compared to television, radio, and other digital form of advertising. The advertising agencies like releasemyorder.com, work closely with advertisers to design and execute the ads as per the needs. Also, newspaper ads are highly customizable to meet the budget. For online booking of newspaper ads, contact releaseorder.com.
- Like online and television advertisement, the cost of newspaper advertisement depends on a number of factors such as:
- a) Size of the advertisement
- b) The Newspaper
- c) The section of the newspaper you want the advertisement to run
- d) Frequency of your advertisements, and
- e) Usage of colour in the ad
- The ease that online ad agencies like Release order, bring about in booking magazine and newspaper ads, makes them very easy to book and execute. This advertising medium is seeing a lot of innovations with digital prints of newspapers getting more popular.
- All Newspaper ads can be classified in one of the 3 types- Display Ads, Classified Ads and Innovative Newspaper Ads. Classified ads can be recognized by a number of small ads that are put together e.g. matrimonial ads etc. The second category of ads called display advertisement in Newspapers is the most common ad that we see. The third category of Innovative Newspaper advertising includes advertising options outside of display ad or classifieds. Examples of these include pointer ads, Ear Panels, samplings and Newspaper Jackets.
- Compared to earlier days, newspapers today have become aggressive for ad bookings and readership which has forced them to be innovative. They have introduced new features such as advertorials. This is a combination of advertisement and editorial and impact features.
- Newspapers are printed in various Indian languages. This makes it easy to target a particular audience for the ads as per the target consumers. Furthermore, the availability of different editions of newspapers, geographically also helps in reaching the target audience easily and effectively.
We hope that these facts will help you get an insight into the newspaper advertising sector. For any further details, visitwww.releaseorder.com.